The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Friday, July 29, 2011

SoulCollage® Studio session Monday 1st August

"I’ve never liked housework. I get by doing little chores when I feel like them, in between paintings. Who wants to chase dust all their life? You can spend your whole lifetime cleaning the house. I like watching the patina grow. If the house looks dirty, buy another bunch of flowers, is my advice."  ~~The much-loved Australian artist Margaret Olley, who died at the age of 88 this week.  I like her style!


These Studio sessions are for people who are already making SoulCollage® cards, not for people new to the process.

Here are the details:
WHEN: Monday 1st August, 2011, 6pm to 9pm   
WHERE:
Downstairs Room 
Brisbane Quaker Meeting House
10 Hampson St
Kelvin Grove 
Go down the path beside the house and then continue on down the stairs.
COST: $10 (to cover room hire, food and materials)
WHAT TO BRING: 
Please bring any cards you've made. I'll supply magazines, scissors, glue etc but it's nice if everyone brings one or two magazines to add to the variety of images.
 I'll have packs of blank cards for sale ($9 for 10 cards) and copies of Seena Frost's latest book, 'SoulCollage® Evolving' ($33)                                                                                        

**PLEASE BOOK:  Due to considerations of space and materials, it's important that you  book with me by phone or email. Thanks

FREE TALKS TO GROUPS:
If you belong to , or know of, any groups that might be interested in SoulCollage®, I'm very happy to give a free introductory talk and demonstration of the SoulCollage® process. SoulCollage® is a wonderful activity to do as a group once people know how it works.  It's great for team-building and community.

I love any opportunity to talk about SoulCollage® so if you have any questions about these events, or anything at all to do with SoulCollage®,  please contact me.

No comments: