The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Sunday, July 6, 2014

Like a Russian doll

Yesterday, we had a lovely SoulCollage® Studio card-making day in my garden, in the beautiful Brisbane winter sunshine. 



Last week I'd come across this lovely poem by Mark Nepo:

At Fifty-Seven.

I feel like I stumbled
down a hill of years, only
to land in a pile of my books.

Along the way I cracked
like a Russian doll, finding
something smaller and more
essential inside every version
I've known as me.

And now, when all I know
bursts into flame each time 
I try to give it away, I'm asked
what matters.

There's something perfect
in how we're worn; like sculptures
left for Spirit and wind to finish, the
film taken from our eye just as
our heart is exposed, one
crumbling into the other.

I was reminded of an image of Russian matryoshka dolls I had amongst my clippings, and yesterday I made this card:


If you'd like to find out how to discover more about yourself through making SoulCollage® cards, book in for my one-day 'Introduction to SoulCollage®' workshop next Saturday 12th. The Early Bird discount expires tomorrow night (Monday 7th).

No comments: