The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blogging on the run!

I've just set up my new smart phone for blogging on the run while I'm overseas from early September until January. I'm sending this from my phone to test it out!  I'll be with family in Canada, the US and then Europe, so this SoulCollage® blog may be somewhat inactive during that time, but I'll hopefully have some news if I can manage to meet up with other facilitators in the northern hemisphere, which is what I'm trying to organise now, and if I can find the time and resources while travelling to make some cards.

Meanwhile, I still have one last workshop for the year, on 4th August, and 2 more studio sessions, so click on the links at right for information about those. I'm looking forward to catching up with some of you at one or more of those events before I go.

Here's a card I made a little while ago. While it may look dark in colour, to me it's actually extremely positive and filled with light. While many SoulCollagers are very open about posting their personal dialoguing online, I've always felt quite reticent about this as I feel my cards are an intimate reflection of me, and are relevant for me only, and it doesn't feel natural or right to expose myself to strangers in such an intimate way. I even find it quite hard to have someone scribe for me while I'm dialoguing with a card. However, I'm trying to allow myself to show my vulnerability a little more by posting a snippet of the dialoguing from now on in the hope that it might encourage some of you to fully engage with your cards and to get on friendly terms with all of them as a means of better understanding yourself.  I believe it's important that we celebrate ALL the parts of ourselves, both light and shadow.  This card came together very easily, and I absolutely love it!

I am the one who is mysterious, ancient and electric. I am intuition and intelligence. I crack through ignorance and I am a catalyst for change. I can work things out quickly and I instinctively  know what to do.  I am the one who brings Wisdom from the Spirit world. 

No comments: