The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Monday, February 20, 2012

Soulcollage® in the forest!

We had a great introductory workshop on Saturday at the Quaker House on a beautiful Brisbane summer's day. The energy of the group was wonderful and everyone seemed to enjoy creating their cards, dialoguing with them, and learning more about the process (and themselves, of course!). This is such a lovely venue, nestled amongst the trees on a block of suburban forest only 10 minutes from the city. The calls of the parrots and laughter of the kookaburras really added to the ambience and peaceful atmosphere!  

The following day I received an email from one of the participants in which she said: "Thank you for such a delightful experience of SoulCollage® yesterday, in such a beautiful relaxing environment.......Thanks again for such an inspiring day! I'm so excited to have discovered this process, and look forward to discovering more and more about myself, through the cards I make."


And from another happy participant: "I just wanted to send you an email and thank you for such a wonderful day on Saturday. I really enjoyed the whole process and in such a beautiful location..........I will certainly be recommending SoulCollage® to all my friends."

If you'd like to find out what this "wonderful", "delightful" and "inspiring" SoulCollage® is all about, go here for details of my next Brisbane workshop on 21st April at the same venue (also in June, August & October), or see some of my workshops at venues outside Brisbane at the links at right.  See also the official SoulCollage® website for more general information about SoulCollage®.

Totally absorbed and happily creating in the treetops!



No comments: