The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SoulCollage® in 2012

Pregnant with Possibility. That's 2012!


Hello, and welcome to 2012!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and feel rested and ready to start another year.  My Christmas was infinitely different from last year, when I experienced the magic of a snowy white German Christmas in Berlin with all my family together. This year I spent it in a somewhat warmer climate, on the Sunshine Coast, with my amazing 97-year-old mother-in-law, Laura, and some more extended family, but neither of my children or my grandchild, who all live overseas. I know I'm repeating this, but I'm so thankful that I live in the age of Skype! 

Most of us are making resolutions and plans for the year ahead at this time, and SoulCollage® is a great tool to assist in that. We can do readings from our cards asking for insight on what we need to focus on for the coming year. Formulate an open-ended question around that, draw a card, or a number of cards, and then dialogue with them, writing down what comes. You could use all the dialoguing questions, or just the first "Who are you?" question.  With your original question in mind, you then finish your dialoguing with a question something like, "What wisdom do you have for me as I set about this new year? Or "......about this issue", etc. Don't forget to date it so you can refer back to it later. 

After a short break over the holiday period, I’m now gearing up for the year ahead, with some exciting things happening. 

Here are the dates for planned SoulCollage® workshops and Studio sessions for this year (so far!):

CAIRNS, North Qld
6th & 7th March, 2012: 
‘PROCESSING TRAUMA THROUGH SOULCOLLAGE®’
A one-day SoulCollage® workshop will be a component of this two-day training on trauma for health professionals, co-facilitated with Dr. Greta Galloway from Alan Webster Consultancies. If you are a counsellor, therapist, social worker, psychologist, mentor, support worker, carer, or guidance officer, then this training is for you. For more information, please contact me by clicking on my profile link at right to access my email.

The Cairns workshop resulted from a serendipitous meeting with Greta, whom I’d never met before, on a broken down council bus in Brisbane last year. I just love the way SoulCollage® works so synchronistically in my life. One never knows what amazing and interesting things might ensue from such a simple act as chatting to the person next to you on the bus!

BRISBANE
PLANNED ONE-DAY WORKSHOPS:

SATURDAYS from 9am to 5pm, on:
18th February
7th April
16th June
4th August
20th October

STUDIO CARD MAKING SESSIONS 
(for people who are already making cards). First Monday evening of the month.

MONDAYS:
6th February
March: No Studio session
2nd April
7th May
4th June
2nd July
6th August
3rd September
1st October
5th November

Workshops are also planned for INVERELL NSW and MALENY QLD some time this year. 

GROUPS
I am available to give complimentary short talks to groups about SoulCollage®. This is not training but to give people who may not previously have heard of SoulCollage® an idea of what it's about. 

DISCOUNTS FOR ORGANISING YOUR OWN GROUP FOR A WORKSHOP
Organise your own group for a workshop and save. Ask me how!

INTERESTED IN SOULCOLLAGE® BUT UNABLE TO ATTEND THESE EVENTS?
If you're unable to attend these events because of the timing, or because you don't live in the area, please contact me and I will endeavour to assist you with a facilitator in your area, or in any other way I can. I am available to travel out of SE Qld to run workshops.


BRISBANE SOULCOLLAGE® FACILITATOR TRAINING
This is happening in Brisbane on 24-26 February 2012, run by our fearless Australian SoulCollage® leader, Karen Mann from Melbourne, and there's still plenty of time to book in if you think that you'd like to do this training, which would qualify you to teach SoulCollage®, or you might simply want to learn more about this wonderful tool of self-development. I'm very pleased that one of my former workshop participants will be taking the training. For more information, visit the Australian SoulCollage® website.


Please contact me if you're interested in any of these events, and I'd be very grateful if you could pass on this information to any of your contacts who might be interested, too.

May 2012 bring you transformation, joy and success, and hours of creativity and deep insight and guidance from your SoulCollage® cards.

Jo  xxoo


Now is a very good time to revisit my 'Stepping into my Power' card!

No comments: