The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Exciting news!



NB: Scroll to the bottom of this blog and click on 'Older posts' to see some more of my cards. 


Although a lot has happened which I haven't blogged about since my last posting while I was overseas, and though I'd like to get up to date with all my art news, I'm posting this news right now as I'm so happy to be able to tell you that I'm about to run my first SoulCollage® workshop next weekend at the 2011 Festival of Animal Imagery, organised by Frank Coughlan in the beautiful Numinbah Valley in the Gold Coast hinterland, Australia. At the link above, click on the '2011 Festival Workshops' link on the right to find information about the presenters, including moi! 

I completed my long-awaited SoulCollage® facilitator training with the beautiful Karen Mann here in Brisbane last September, but immediately went overseas to visit family in Europe and Canada for 4 months and am only now getting organised. This is my first business venture in my life (I'm of more 'mature' years!) so it's a little daunting, but exciting and wonderful at the same time.  I've loved SoulCollage® from the moment I first discovered it on a web site some years ago and am so happy that now I'm able to share with others this beautiful process created by Seena Frost, as described in her book 'SoulCollage® Evolving'. Karen Mann went to the USA some years ago to train with Seena and she is the only qualified facilitator trainer in Australia. She runs the Australian SoulCollage® website

I've booked a one-day workshop for Saturday 18th June at the Brisbane Quaker Meeting House in Newmarket, Brisbane, which is nestled amongst a beautiful little patch of inner-city rainforest. I've always dreamed of running workshops there and that's the first available Saturday on their busy calendar. I hope to schedule some more workshops there in the future.

There are also plans afoot for a workshop in Maleny, and one in August or September at the Brookfield Centre for Spirituality on the outskirts of Brisbane. This lovely spacious venue, which used to be a Franciscan Friary, is comprised of a beautiful large old house surrounded by bush and lawns, with a small chapel and a labyrinth.

I'm also busy searching for other available venues with lots of ambience to schedule more workshops. Suggestions welcomed!

If you're interested in being notified of news about these, or any future workshops, please contact me to be placed on my email list. If you don't live in Brisbane but would like to organise a group of interested people in your area for a workshop, I'd be very happy to discuss that with you.   

To send me an email, click on 'View my complete profile' at the top right of this page, under 'About Me'. 

The SoulCollage® card above I made at one of my lovely artist, counsellor and art therapist friend Liz's Heartspace evenings at the Stillpoint Centre in Toowong when I first arrived back from overseas in January, just after the floods. I highly recommend Liz's Heartspace programmes. 


Scroll down to the bottom of this blog to see some more of my SoulCollage® cards.


Now I have the sudden urge to go and make a SoulCollage® card! Talk again soon.

2 comments:

Urban Kisses said...

Jo, lovely to hear all the news. I checked out the Soulcollage website, I'd never heard of it before but it looks really interesting. Shame we don't have anyone doing workshops here in Scandinavia.

Good luck with your workshops, wishing you all the best with them...nice to hear a dream is coming to fruition.


Bx

Inner Artist said...

Hi again, Bux, and thanks for your comment. I'm sure it won't be long before there's a SoulCollage® facilitator in Scandinavia - it seems to be spreading like wildfire. There are several in other counties in Europe and the UK, though, including one in Ireland and one in the Netherlands that I know of. My new business cards arrived today so I'm all set to go. Anyway, you can do it without attending a workshop. Go to www.soulcollage.com or www.kaleidosoul.com and you can find instructions for making and dialoguing with the cards. Jo