The Journey to Self through SoulCollage®

The Ego, Jung tells us, is that part of the pyche that we think of as 'I'. Our conscious intelligence. Our everyday brain that thinks, plans and runs the show of our day-to-day life. The Self, as Jung defined it, is a greater entity, which includes the Ego but also incorporates the Personal and Collective Unconscious. Dreams and intuitions come from the Self. The archetypes of the unconscious dwell there. It is, Jung believed, the sphere of the Soul ~~Steven Pressfield. 'The War of Art'

"I would love to live like a river flows,
 carried by the surprise
 of its own unfolding".

 ~ ~John O'Donohue


Friday, October 3, 2008

My first blog post! SoulCollage®

As this is my first ever blog post, I'm a little nervous about it and have yet to work out how to compose the blog properly, so in order to practise, I'm just going to add some of my recent SoulCollage cards.

I started doing SoulCollage
® a few months ago and I'm loving it. I'd heard of it through an art website that I visit and I eventually tracked down the first SoulCollage® facilitator here in Brisbane, Australia, Simone de Haas


 I attended an inspiring workshop with Simone and here's my first SoulCollage
® card, made at that workshop. I call it 'Avoidance' (Committee suit), which had negative connotations for me, but as I kept asking the card "Who am I?", some unexpectedly positive and amazing answers came up, proving to me just how profound the SoulCollage® process really is. From then on, I was hooked!
Postscript: This is now one of my favourite cards!

See the links in the box on the right for some excellent sites with information about SoulCollage®

A NOTE ABOUT SOULCOLLAGE
®:

SoulCollage® is a registered trademark of SoulCollage Inc. The SoulCollage® process was developed by Seena Frost as described in her books, 'SoulCollage®' and 'SoulCollage® Evolving'.  More information about SoulCollage® can be found at the SoulCollage® web site. See also, The Principles of SoulCollage®

SoulCollage® cards are made from images published in magazines, calendars, books, cards and on the internet, and from personal materials (e.g. photos, artworks). SoulCollage® cards may be reproduced only for the personal use of the maker of the cards or for use as examples to illustrate the SoulCollage® process. It is a principle of SoulCollage® that SoulCollage® cards are not for sale, trade, or barter.

Thank you to all the talented artists whose images have inspired me to discover more about my inner and outer worlds, my true self.

No comments: